Sunday 10 July 2011

Clip Joint

I’m shattered and have an early start tomorrow, commuting to Chesterfield for a week’s work experience at The Derbyshire Times, so this is going to be a shorter than usual blog.

I just want to draw your attention to a quite cool and/or geeky film blog that the Guardian run every Wednesday called “Clip Joint”. My mum pointed it out to me as something that would appeal and I’m glad she did. The basic premise is that each week a Guardian reader selects five films, or more often specific scenes which fit within a certain topic; sometimes these topics are broad and obvious, like affairs, other times they’re a little more obscure, like lamps. Usually Youtube clips are embedded alongside a brief justification for their inclusion, then below the previous week’s author lists the 5 favourite suggestions left in the comment section below.

It’s a good and entertaining blog which has a habit of listing films together that would never normally make it into the same article and I’d advise you check it out sometime.

Today's song is one I've now got stuck in my head thanks to watching 'Inception' this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment