Thursday 21 July 2011

The Peril of Procrastination

If you’re someone who’s read a few of the earlier posts this week on my blog you will have seen that I’ve been planning to write a piece on the Daily Mail and their possible involvement in the phone hacking scandal. I’d been waiting for a chance to write it when I was fully awake and able to do it justice because with anything of this nature, where I’m writing about serious issues and where there are questions of legality, I want to be very careful in case one of my tiny number of readers notices something illegal and gets me in a whole heap of trouble that this blog really isn’t worth.

Sadly all this procrastinating about this particular blog post has led to me being pipped to the post. This morning Samira Shackle wrote a piece that was published on The New Statesman website about exactly that topic, referencing the same report I was going to use. It’s a little frustrating, but I’m humble enough to accept that someone else has written an article on the same issue, but probably a better version than the one I would have done.

It’s a good read; a well written article on a potentially very interesting additional strand to the whole phone hacking scandal.

I don’t have much else to write about today, the Daily Mail blog was the one I’d got planned, so for the time being I’ll just have to think about what I’m going to write tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment