Tuesday 26 April 2011

The 10 Most Coherent Thoughts I Had Today

I had a couple of ideas for slightly lengthier blog posts but it's now late and i don't have the energy or inclination to write them, so i'll save those topics for another time.

This is just going to be a list of 10 things i've thought today or that have cropped up.
  1. The play off game i wrote about yesterday if (and it's a pretty sizable if) we get there, will be on the 16th, i.e the day before my political theory exam. Bit miffed really but i guess that's just sods law.
  2. Man United are pretty much guaranteed a place in the Champions League final now, 2-0 away at Schalke is a great result and i just can't see the German side going to Old Trafford and winning by the necessary margin.
  3. I'm full on falling in love with the new Fleet Foxes song that i posted in my blog yesterday, very optimistic for the album.
  4. I'd forgotten how nice a decent whisky can be; i had a single of whisky, neat of course, at the bar i went to with a few friends and it's probably the first time i've drank it in months.
  5. After a couple of days worth of reflection i definitely liked the new episode of Dr Who (a definite geeky guilty pleasure). Confusing and almost overflowing with potential time paradoxes, but good fun at the same time.
  6. I might be able to go to the Forest match on Saturday against Scunthorpe at home. I hope the plan works out because i'd love to be able to watch the game; the radio's all well and good, but it doesn't compare to being in the ground.
  7. 'The Northern Lights' is a ridiculously readable book; it may be primarily aimed at younger readers than me, but the story is good, the characters well written and i've made better progress through it than i have through many books in the past year.
  8. I'm getting close to having had 2,000 views of my blog; it's not a huge figure all considered, once i'm getting 2,000 views a blog post then i can start gloating, but it's still nice to know a few people are reading, perhaps regularly. The size of the audience was never one of my reasons for writing, but that doesn't mean i can't enjoy the ego boost from knowing there's readers out there.
  9. I'm getting film withdrawal symptoms; i've not watched a film in whole for a couple of days now and i feel like i'm failing in some way. I'll have to sort that out tomorrow though i have no idea yet what i'm going to watch, guess i'll just have to see what mood i'm in.
  10. This story has to be considered 'good news' though it saddens me that there are so many countries where a step like this has to even be debated - http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/apr/26/uganda-anti-gay-bill-death-penalty. The idea of killing someone for the person they choose to love is one of the most abhorrent around and it's a hatred i simply can't, and never want to, understand. Any move away from this, no matter how small or overdue, has to be worth cherishing.
Today's song is one that came on my iPod as i was walking home from the bar this evening and it kind of captured my mood perfectly; i was in a very reflective mood i guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment