Wednesday 30 March 2011

Drizzle and Dog Owners

The blog posts will probably be a bit shorter for the next couple of days, one of my friends from Sheffield has come to visit so i won't have as much time to write until Sunday probably.

It's a thoroughly miserable day today weather-wise, the sun of the past few days has been replaced with grey clouds and to quote Peter Kay, that fine rain that soaks you through. My perception of the day was not helped by the frankly huge pile of dog dirt in the alleyway that leads to my house.

It's one of the things that winds me up more than almost any other, dog owners who don't have the common decency to tidy up after their animals. If you're going to have a pet, you take on the responsibility to make sure you dispose of their crap, rather than leaving it in a narrow alleyway that is used as access for 4 different houses.

I'm not a dog person at the best of times, but it seems a lot of the time the problem isn't the animal, but the human being who owns it.

Rant over though.

After the England match last night i watched a few of my favourite episodes from the 1st season of How I Met Your Mother. It is ridiculous how often the central character Ted says or does things which feel all too familiar. It's definitely one of the main reasons why i love the show, the fact that i can relate to one of the characters so strongly.

There's a rant from his character in the pilot episode that completely summed up why i love the show.

"You know what? I'm done being single, I'm not good at it. Look, obviously you can't tell a woman you just met that you love her, but it sucks that you can't. I'll tell you something though, if a woman, not you, just some hypothetical woman, were to bear with me through all this, I think I'd make a damn good husband, because that's the stuff I'd be good at. Stuff like making her laugh and being a good father and walking her five hypothetical dogs"

To finish the blog today i'll post a song off an album i'm excited to listen to once i actually have some spare money to buy CDs with.

No comments:

Post a Comment